Samsung Cameras announced the release of the Samsung S85 digital camera featuring an 8.2 Megapixel image sensor and a super-sharp 5x optical zoom lens, combined with other innovative features. The Samsung S85 includes Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, which detects the subject’s face, automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits. The AF function instantaneously recognizes the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them. The AE function then takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality. The Samsung S85 will be available from the end of August 2007 at a price of €175.
Samsung S85 camera - Shake reduction
Users will be able to take advantage of the Samsung S85’s speed and resolution in any situation - from taking landscape photos at dusk to shooting fast action sports photography. Razor sharp images can be delivered using Samsung’s ASR (Advanced Shake Reduction) system which helps to capture the best possible images in all shooting situations. For maximum versatility, the Samsung S85 can be powered by an optional Samsung rechargeable Ni-MH battery system, as well as AA alkaline batteries, making it the perfect choice for travelers and power users alike.
Samsung S85 digital compact camera features
• Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec
• An ISO equivalent of 1600
• A bright 2.5” LCD display
• Effect hot key
• Full manual control is available
• 20MB internal memory, supports Secure Digital (SD, MMC, SDHC) up to 4GB
• 13 scene modes
• Colour effects include B/W, sepia, blue, green and red
• An Auto Macro function that automatically adjusts shooting distance and focus
• Built-in microphone for 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image
• Continuous Shooting mode and Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), enabling the shooting of a series of images with varying exposures