Kingston 4GB miniSDHC
Kingston Technology Company announced it is expanding its line of Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) memory cards with the introduction of a 4GB miniSDHC card, available in Class 2, 4 and 6 speed ratings. The higher capacity and faster speeds offered by Kingston miniSDHC cards make them ideal for supporting new, smaller-profile multifunction phones and digital devices able to take advantage of the advanced expansion memory platform. Backed by a lifetime warranty and 24/7 technical support, Kingston miniSDHC Flash memory cards are available through distributors, resellers, retailers, e-tailers and online at the web site of Kingston.
Kingston miniSDHC - Specs
• Capacity : 4GB
• Dimensions : 0.84” x 0.78” x 0.05” (21.5mm x 20.0mm x 1.4mm)
• High-Speed Class Rating : Class 2 : 2MB/sec. minimum data transfer rate
• High-Speed Class Rating: Class 4: minimum 4MB/sec DTR
• High-Speed Class Rating: Class 6 : minimum 6MB/sec DTR
• Operating Temperature : -13°F to 185° F (-25°C to 85°C)
• Storage Temperature : -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
• Voltage : 3.3v
• Versatile : when combined with included SD adapter, used as full-size SDHC card
• Compliant : with SD Card Association specifications, Version 2.00
Kingston miniSDHC card - Price
• 4GB Class 2 SDHC : $ 62.00 US price
• 4GB Class 4 SDHC : $ 64.00 US price
• 4GB Class 6 SDHC : $ 66.00 US price
Kingston 4GB miniSDHC flash card
Able to hold more than 2,000 images, 750 digital music tracks or 4.5 hours of MPEG4 video, the Kingston 4GB miniSDHC card format surpasses capacities beyond the 2GB threshold of the original miniSD card format. Each speed class designation reflects the minimum sustained data transfer rate (DTR) of megabytes per second (MB/s). For example, a Class 2 SDHC card has a minimum DTR of 2MB/sec, while a Class 6 SDHC card has a minimum DTR of 6MB/sec. Though identical in physical size, the miniSDHC is compatible with miniSDHC host devices only and not backward-compatible with standard miniSD-enabled devices or readers.
Kingston miniSDHC memory cards
“As sleeker, more sophisticated mobile phones, PDAs and MP3 players offer digital imaging, music, video, mobile TV and games, the need for higher data transfer rates, increased storage and smaller form factor expansion memory becomes greater,” said Jean Wong, Flash memory product manager, Kingston. “Kingston is ready with miniSDHC memory to support the popular but storage-hungry advanced features of these next generation digital devices,” continued Wong.