News alert

Signup for our NewsAlert, and get an e-mail when new articles are posted...

RSS

The latest digital imaging news is also available through our IFA RSS service. Add the RSS feed to your news feeder and you will receive constantly updated articles on all the IFA news. To use our RSS service you will need an RSS reader, of which there are many available online.

IFA RSSIFA News Headlines
IFA Sitemap by CategorySitemap by Category
IFA Sitemap by BrandSitemap by Brand

Canon at Campus Technology Show

Ilse Jurrien
IFA Report
Thursday 2nd, August 2007
Posted by: Ilse Jurrien

From the classroom to the computer lab, higher education relies on technology to prime tomorrow’s workforce for the tech-savvy world that awaits them. As an industry leader in digital imaging, Canon USA, Inc. bolsters the union of technology and education by providing innovative solutions ranging from the world’s fastest digital SLR camera to printers with the ChomaLife100 ink system. These technologies will be on display at this year’s Campus Technology show at the Renaissance Mayflower Hotel in Washington D.C., to be held July 30 to August 2, 2007. Canon also supports the education community with various programs about the environment and children.

Canon - Campus Technology Show
"The workplace is in constant demand for workers who can fully embrace and utilize today’s technologies for maximum productivity," said Yuichi Ishizuka, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Imaging Group, Canon USA "Canon continues to support the education community with various programs, such as the Canon Envirothon and the National Parks Science Scholars Program, which educate as well as promote conservation."

Canon - Campus Technology conference
Canon continues to demonstrate how universities can merge digital imaging into classroom activities to enhance the educational experience for students, teachers and administrators. The Company’s heritage in optics delivers advanced technologies that can be seen in its acclaimed line of digital cameras and display technologies. What’s more, the Canon family of printers and office equipment provides educators with the tools to deliver hands-on learning opportunities and tackle administrative tasks with ease. Among the many products and services on display at this year’s Campus Technology conference, Canon will highlight the following equipment for higher education students, educators and administrators.

Campus Technology Show

Canon EOS 1D Mark III digital camera
The Canon EOS 1D Mark III is the world’s fastest 10 mp DSLR and is the benchmark for DSLR’s used by event, studio and newspaper photographers, as well as the field reporter, or for the journalism intern. The Canon EOS Mark III DSLR empowers serious shooters with a wealth of features to take fantastic photos and is compatible with more than 60 Canon EF lenses and a wide variety of EOS accessories. New innovative features have also been added, including highlight tone priority to capture more natural tones, and a Live View mode that’s ideal for the studio shooter.

Canon PowerShot S5 IS digital camera
This versatile true hybrid powerhouse is at home in a classroom or out on the athletic field. Featuring a 12x optical zoom with optical image stabilization (OIS), this eight-megapixel camera has scene modes to snap great photos almost anywhere, and an advanced movie mode that makes it the ideal camera for all multimedia needs.

Canon PowerShot SD850 Digital ELPH digital camera
Canon’s tiny PowerShot SD850 Digital ELPH camera is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket, but delivers crisp, vibrant images, great for off-site lab research.

Campus Technology Show

Canon Pixma Pro9000 photo printer
The Canon Pixma Pro9000 Photo Printer’s eight color inks produce a wide color gamut to achieve vivid coloration and high-quality prints, up to 13-inches x 19-inches on plain paper or fine art media. This Canon printer is the ideal companion to any digital imaging classroom or scholastic publication.

Canon imageCLASS MF4690 laser multifunction printer
The new Canon imageCLASS MF4690 Laser Multifunction Printer offers advanced send features so users can scan-to -e-mail, -file, -fax, or -USB memory port in the user's choice of JPEG, TIFF, PDF or high-compression PDF formats. The built-in networking features, along with the device's duplexing capabilities, make it an ideal small office solution for many single or multiple networked users.

Canon Creative Park
A site operated by Canon USA’s parent company, Canon Inc.’s Creative Park Web site offers 3-D paper craft projects, scrapbooking templates, greeting cards, educational materials and the opportunity to learn more about digital photography.

Campus Technology Show

Canon HV20 HDV camcorder
The Canon HV20 HD Camcorder produces brilliant 1080 High-Definition video directly to Mini-DV tape. This Canon HD camcorder provides true High-Definition video, with the aid of features, such as Instant AF autofocus, Super Range Optical Image Stabilization and a 10x optical zoom. This camcorder will certainly make the grade in any film class, with a 24p Cine mode that reproduces the frame rate, as well as the look and feel of film.

Canon HR10 HD camcorder
The Canon HR10 HD camcorder is the ideal solution for recording High-Definition video directly to DVD for easy sharing and viewing with compatible AVCHD players. It features Canon’s Instant AF autofocus system, as well as Super Range OIS for rock solid footage and a 10x video lens to get close to the action.

Canon VBC-300 PTZ network camera & VK software
Offering the widest angle of view of any PTZ camera on the market, the feature-packed VB-C300 PTZ Camera addresses the confined quarters and wiring limitations sometimes faced by scholastic administrators. The VB-C300 PTZ Camera pans bi-directionally at ± 170˚ to deliver a total viewing angle that exceeds 360˚ making the VB-C300 PTZ Camera well-suited to tight, indoor spaces. The PTZ network camera comes equipped with a high-sensitivity progressive-scan 310,000-effective pixel CCD that helps deliver crisp, well-defined video. To help complete the suite of monitoring solutions, Canon’s VK-64 Version 1.3 Network Video Recording Software provides the ability to view and record high-quality, full-motion video over IP from as many as 64 Canon Network Cameras on a single PC storage server, while the VK-16 Software provides the same functionality and control for up to 16 cameras.

Canon REALiS projectors
Canon has taken Liquid Crystal on Silicone (LCOS) technology to the next level with the help of its patented AiSYS optical system that provides bright, high-contrast images, without the “screen door effect” typically found on LCD projectors. Canon’s REALiS projector line, featuring the REALiS SX6, SX60 and X600 Multimedia Projectors offers a different feature set for all types of users. These versatile yet powerful projectors adapt to a wide range of needs and environments and automatically adjust their picture to optimize the projection surface - even on a blackboard.

Canon RE-455X Video Visualizer
The Canon RE-455X Visualizer features XGA resolution, a 12x zoom lens, RGB input, and twin fluorescent lamps, yielding a device that combines image quality with versatility to display a wide variety of documents, media, and even 3-D objects.

Canon Child program
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and the Canon4Kids Program help raise public awareness about the growing issue of child abduction by featuring pictures of missing children, along with the NCMEC hotline in various venues.

Canon environmental education
Canon is guided by the corporate philosophy of Kyosei - all people, regardless of race, religion, or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future. Embracing this philosophy, Canon USA has chosen to protect future generations by helping to preserve America’s most valuable resources - children and the environment - through the support of a wide range of local and national environmental education and youth programs that educators can leverage within their schools and classrooms.

Canon National Parks Science Scholars Program
The Canon National Parks Science Scholars Program develops the next generation of scientists in the fields of conservation, environmental science and park management. The program was established in 1997 and expanded in 2002 to include students and national parks throughout the Americas. In addition, the program supports scientists who will learn, discover, invent and create solutions to preserve national parks in the region.

Canon Envirothon
The Canon Envirothon is North America’s largest high school environmental education competition. More than 500,000 teenagers are involved in a year-long learning process that combines in-class curriculum with hands-on field experience.

Recommended related articles

Next or previous article

IFA NEWS 2017 REPORT - The IFA International Consumer Electronics Show took place every two years, but since 2006 the IFA show became once again an annual event under Berlin’s famous Funkturm landmark. In the early days, back in 1924 the IFA began in Berlin as the “Great German Radio Exhibition”. In the meantime, the International Consumer Electronics Show has not only become the world's biggest trade show for consumer electronics but also presents the world's largest number of product premieres in consumer electronics and home appliances. At IFA 2009 more than 3 billion Euros worth of orders were generated. IFA 2010 could even surpass this number! The total number of exhibitors at last year’s IFA show was 1164 from 46 countries. The total number of trade visitors was 134194 from 105 countries, quite amazing numbers. The IFA 2010 show news will come to you live from the show floor, so stay tuned!