IFA 2010 Report - Olympus announces the Olympus FE-4050, a compact digital camera featuring 4x optical zoom lens from wide angle of 27mm in a slim, high quality camera body, offered in stylish colors. The "Fashionable & Elegant" FE series digital cameras from Olympus incorporate an impressive array of advanced functions in a slim, stylish body. User-friendly functions include easy-to-understand descriptions of camera modes and other functions on the LCD monitor and an iAUTO function that automatically optimizes the camera settings by analyzing the scene. The new Olympus FE-4050 digital camera is scheduled to go on sale from September 2010.
Olympus FE4050 specifications
• 12 megapixels compact camera
• 4x Optical zoom
• 27mm wide angle lens
• Image stabilization
• High-sensitivity shooting
• 2.7-inch TFT LCD
• VGA video recording
Olympus FE4050 features
The new Olympus FE4050 digital camera is equipped with True Pic 3 image processing engine, which is originally developed for Interchangeable lens digital camera, delivering color fidelity and wide dynamic range. Shooting functions evolved with an expanded range of 6 Magic Filters including 2 new filters. These functions make usual scenes a quick change into exciting images filled with fun and pleasurable surprise.
Olympus FE4050 Magic Filters
The new Olympus FE-4050 compact digital camera features an expanded range of 6 Magic Filters, Pop, Pin Hole, Fisheye and Drawing inherited from the previous model, and newly added Punk and Soft Focus
• Pop : Enhances colors, making them more vivid and bright
• Pin Hole : Creates images with a retro feel, reducing brightness
• Fisheye : Makes a picture mysterious like shooting with a fisheye lens
• Drawing : Transforms your photos into an intriguing line drawing
• Soft Focus : Creates a surreal, dreamy, romantic atmosphere
• Punk : Makes photos like a block print in pink and black.